Ride Your Bike
Bicycle commuting is good for your heart, the planet and your wallet. Whether you’re a regular bicycle commuter or are trying it for the first time, we have a variety of resources to get you started and keep you pedaling. Riding a bike also works as a “first mile/last mile” solution for your bus, carpool or vanpool commute. Use your bike to connect with other sustainable transportation options that better fit your commute.
Reasons to Get on Two Wheels
- It’s healthy for you, the community and the environment
- Saves money on commute costs
- Faster than walking
- Less hassle than driving- free upfront parking
I want to be green, feel good and keep my cash. How do I get started?
Reward Me – I already ride my bike!
I want to get involved.
- Bike Month: Bike Month is a local and national celebration to get people out of cars and onto two wheels throughout the month of May. This community event gets bigger and better every year.
- Safe Routes to School: Safe Routes to School is a national and local programmed geared towards encouraging students K-12 to ride their bike and walk to school instead of having parents driven them. We’re always looking for parents, teachers, students and community members to get involved. Click here for more information.
- Workplace Bike Sharing Program: The Workplace Bike Sharing Program is offered to businesses and organizations throughout San Luis Obispo County with the goal of providing an easy, fun, healthy and sustainable way for employees to get around during their work day. Click here for more information.
Give me more!
Here are some other great resources for bicycle information and recreation.