Emergency Ride Home (ERH) provides a free or low-cost ride home in cases of emergency for employees who make smart commute choices such as carpooling, vanpooling, public transit, bicycling and walking.
Emergency Ride Home is available up to four times per year for anyone actively participating in the Back ‘N’ Forth Club commuter program through iRideshare. Eligible users must commute to work using an eligible mode on the day of their request. Eligible modes include public transit, vanpool, carpool, bicycling and walking. A list of eligible uses and participants for the Emergency Ride Home Program are described in the Policies section below.
How to Request an Emergency Ride Home (ERH)
- Review our Emergency Ride Home Policy below.
- Redeem one 1 of 4 ERH vouchers at iRideshare.org by navigating to Incentives > Point Programs.
- Take a taxi, Uber, or Lyft (reimbursed up to $45); rent a car (free with code received after completing the ERH form); or call Ride-On to book a ride over 15 miles (805) 541-8747 ($5 up front cost, non-reimbursable).
- Submit your receipt to email@example.com.
Emergency Ride Home Policy
- The day the Emergency Ride Home is taken, the user must have commuted to work by one of the following modes: carpool, vanpool, bus, bike or walk.
- The Emergency Ride Home must begin from the users worksite; however special circumstances may apply e.g. vanpool breaks down.
- Registered users are provided up to four (4) rides per fiscal year (July 1- June 30).
- Reimbursement requests without a receipt will not be honored.
- Reimbursement request must be submitted online at www.iRideshare.org.
- Rideshare will reimburse up to $45 per ride.
- Any rental car charges after 24-hours will not be reimbursed.
- Any inappropriate use of the program will be at the users expense and jeopardize future eligibility of the program.
- Rideshare will only reimburse up to 15% of the total bill ($6.75 maximum) for gratuity on taxi service.
- Rideshare will process requests daily, Monday-Friday, and will mail payments within 14 business days to the users home address (unless otherwise specified in the request).
- For users to receive the most cost effective and convenient service, use a ride-hailing service (Uber, Lyft or taxi) for trips less than 15 miles. Commuters should use the rental car option or Ride-On Shuttle for trips over 15 miles (some exceptions may apply).
- Illness or crisis of immediate family member (child, spouse, parent)
- Carpool or vanpool ride is unavailable due to illness or crisis of carpool/vanpool partner, unexpected changes in the driver’s schedule or vehicle breakdown
- Bicycle problem, including flat tire, mechanical failure, vandalism, theft or unsafe bicycle conditions due to inclement weather
- Unscheduled overtime or late meeting (i.e. no advance warning they would have to work late)
Non eligible uses:
- Planned overtime
- Personal errands
- Medical or dental appointments
- Business-related travel
- Injury on the job
- Regional disasters, such as earthquake or flood
Emergency Ride Home Program Options
If less than 15 miles, hail an Uber, Lyft or taxi
Up to $45 of your fare will be reimbursed by Rideshare.
If over 15 miles, call Ride-On or Enterprise:
- Operates Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Standard charge: $50 per ride, depending upon mileage (up to $45 will be reimbursed by Rideshare)
- Ride-On will send someone to pick you up within 30 minutes and drop you off at home
- Serves San Luis Obispo County and the City of Santa Maria rates Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm
- Standard charge: $45 flat rate per usage (fully reimbursed by Rideshare)
- There is no set-up or annual fee
- Up to a mid-sized car
- Unlimited mileage
- Enterprise will send someone to pick you up
- You must have a valid Drivers License in hand.
- Call your nearest branch and give them the code on your ERH form:
- 2989 Broad Street, San Luis Obispo: 546-6270
- 12318 Los Osos Valley Rd, San Luis Obispo: 545-9111
- 633 Spring Street, Paso Robles: 239-0628
- 7434 El Camino Real, Atascadero: 461-0871
- 502 W. Grand, Grover Beach: 489-6161
- 1738 South Broadway, Santa Maria: 349-9552
- Bring the car back to the original location the next morning (at which point you will be given a ride back to your worksite).