Bicycle racks are available on all regional RTA, SCT and SLO Transit buses. Bicycles may be boarded at any designated bus stop. Good weather and a large community of bike riders sometimes fill bus bike racks to capacity. You should always have necessary equipment to lock your bike in case bike racks on the bus are full.
How to put your bike on the bus
Follow the demonstration or watch the videos below.
- Make eye contact with the bus driver.
- Squeeze the handle and pull down to release the folded bike rack.
- Lift your bike on to the rack, fit wheels into the slots labeled FRONT & REAR.
- Raise & release the support arm over the top of the front tire.
- Make sure the support arm is resting on the tire and not the fender or frame.
- Your bike is in the secured position. Hop on board you are ready to go. Make sure when getting off the bus you let the driver know you will be unloading your bike.