The San Luis Obispo Council of Governments (SLOCOG) and the Coast Rail Coordinating Council (CRCC) are conducting an important study to plan for the future of rail on the Central Coast. The Coast Rail Corridor Study will analyze intercity and commuter rail options and bus-rail connectivity to enhance train travel within the corridor for Central Coast residents and visitors, including an evaluation of the feasibility of implementing rail service as an alternative travel mode between Santa Maria and San Luis Obispo.
Public involvement is a critical component of this study, as we want to ensure that future plans will meet the needs of our collective communities. To that end, SLOCOG is offering a Virtual Public Meeting on September 30 from 5:30-7:00pm that we hope you will join and also share with your constituents. To get involved or learn more about this study, please take a look at the following available resources and engagement opportunities.
- Website: coastrailstudy.com
- Fact Sheet: coastrailstudy.com/images/SLOCOG_FactSheet.pdf
- Survey: Understanding Your Desired and Chosen Travel Mode (open through October 2): surveymonkey.com/r/SLOCOG_Rail_Studies_Survey.
- Survey participants can enter to win a $100 gift card!
- Virtual Public Meeting, September 30, 5:30-7:00pm. Register at: ly/SLOCOG_CRCS_Public_Meeting
Questions? Contact Anna Devers at 805.781.4462 or firstname.lastname@example.org.