The #MidStateFair2021 is a GO this year, and we are giving away some free concert tickets!
July 10 – August 30: The Clean Air Champions that prevent the most CO2 will win a subscription box that shows up every month for the next YEAR!
The San Luis Obispo Council of Governments (SLOCOG) is looking for feedback from seniors and individuals with disabilities on transportation options available in our community. Please take the survey by August 31, 2021. The results of this survey will be used to update our regional Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Plan which sets priorities and actions for how to better coordinate transportation for seniors and individuals with disabilities. Thank you for participating!
Who won the Challenge titles and the coveted bicycle prizes this year? Check it all out here.
In celebration of the role active transportation plays in maximizing the efficiency of the transportation network and cutting greenhouse gas emissions to meet state goals, the San Luis Obispo Council of Governments (SLOCOG) will host a live online “Storytelling Jam for Active Transportation” on Earth Day-—Thursday, April 22 from 12:00 Noon to 1:15 PM. The event is free and open to the public, but advance registration is required: bit.ly/ATPstoryJam.
From May 20-23 we’re highlighting the power of bicycles to connect communities and generate joy, while improving our health and preserving our air quality. Will you join us?
Learn more about #BikeThere and how you can participate.
We’re saying “bye, bye” to 2020 and “hello, 2021!” with TWO challenges to keep you and your co-workers connected in the New Year. There are prizes for teams and individuals (that’s YOU!) and several ways to win. We invite you to green and save some green this year when you visit us iRideshare.org.
New users score even more points when referred by a friend! Log in or create an account, log commute trips including telework, and earn badges for your chance to win.
Green Quaranteam Challenge
Gather nine friends, family members, or colleagues as your “Quaranteam,” and log the most telework trips to win! The champions will each receive a $50 gift card to cover lunch at one of our many “Pavement to Parks” locations around SLO County. The team that goes “green” to save the most “green” wins!
New Year, New Commute – Individual Challenge
Want to be entered to win the Ooni Koda pizza oven bundle, a $500 Uber Eats gift card or a pair of Apple AirPods Pro? We have five custom achievements you can unlock between January 1st and February 28th to be entered into the drawing! Complete one or all five for multiple chances to win our grand prizes:
- Log trips – between now and February 26th log your teleworking trips at iRideshare.org.
- Visit a Parklet – Visit one of our Pavement to Parks parklets and scan the QR code sign. The list of participating locations can be found at Rideshare.org/park.
- Get Personal – Update your trip planning / carpool profile. Don’t know how to do that? Not a worry! Click HERE.
- Join a Team – Compete in the Green Quaranteam challenge with your friends or colleagues. To enter the challenge click HERE.
- Refer a Friend – Tell a friend to sign up to iRideshare.org to log trips or start exploring options. They will claim an incentive from the “MY REWARDS” widget that sends you a custom URL to claim the New Year, New user Achievement. Both of you are entered!
Challenges End February 28, 2021
Our Holiday photo contest is back! Plus, updates from our partners on plans to improve transportation in SLO County.
Announcing our latest winners, including Pavement to Parks and Virtual Walk to School Day. Plus, learn how you can score some blue light glasses to up your work from home game, and more! Check out our November newsletter here https://mailchi.mp/rideshare/nov2020
The San Luis Obispo Council of Governments (SLOCOG) and the Coast Rail Coordinating Council (CRCC) are conducting an important study to plan for the future of rail on the Central Coast. The Coast Rail Corridor Study will analyze intercity and commuter rail options and bus-rail connectivity to enhance train travel within the corridor for Central Coast residents and visitors, including an evaluation of the feasibility of implementing rail service as an alternative travel mode between Santa Maria and San Luis Obispo.
Public involvement is a critical component of this study, as we want to ensure that future plans will meet the needs of our collective communities. To that end, SLOCOG is offering a Virtual Public Meeting on September 30 from 5:30-7:00pm that we hope you will join and also share with your constituents. To get involved or learn more about this study, please take a look at the following available resources and engagement opportunities.
- Website: coastrailstudy.com
- Fact Sheet: coastrailstudy.com/images/SLOCOG_FactSheet.pdf
- Survey: Understanding Your Desired and Chosen Travel Mode (open through October 2): surveymonkey.com/r/SLOCOG_Rail_Studies_Survey.
- Survey participants can enter to win a $100 gift card!
- Virtual Public Meeting, September 30, 5:30-7:00pm. Register at: ly/SLOCOG_CRCS_Public_Meeting
Questions? Contact Anna Devers at 805.781.4462 or email@example.com.