September 1 – October 9, 2020
Pavement to Parks is about transforming underused public space into community centered parklet space. Rideshare invites all San Luis Obispo County residents to support local businesses by stopping by the parklet locations below and voting for your favorite. Look for a QR code sign and scan it for the chance to win one of five $100 gift cards!
- Big Sky Cafe
- Black Sheep Bar & Grill
- Blackhorse Coffee
- Café Andreini
- Creeky Tiki
- Dark Nectar Coffee
- Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co.
- Fitness Works
- Flour House
- Francisco’s Country Kitchen
- Humdinger Brewing
- Koberl at Blue
- Kreuzberg Coffee
- Louisa’s Place
- Madeline’s Restaurant
- Mason Bar
- Sally Loo’s
- Shin’s Sushi
- Splash Cafe (Pismo)
- Station Grill
- Taste! (SLO and Paso)
- Thai Classic
- Village Cafe
Rideshare also supports the following regional employers with parklet locations (you should, too!):
- Garing, Taylor and Associates
- San Luis Obispo Council of Governments
- Taylor & Syfan Consulting Engineers
to spread the word and win additional prizes! You can also help out by posting a flyer in your community or break room.
Pavement to Parks would not be possible without support from the following:
For Businesses and Employers:
Rideshare is seeking partners to celebrate with us! If you have at least one centrally located parking space to spare, you can participate.
Here is what to expect as a participating business:
- RIDESHARE SPONSORSHIP – get up to $300 to help cover the cost of plants, paint, chairs, lighting, etc. to set up your space. Apply
- PARKLET DESIGN HELP – our campaign partners at Ten Over Studio have a one-page design guide, coming soon.
- MARKETING – we will promote your location (or company name if installing a private space) with web content, full page ads, email marketing, social media, digital, and more.
- KEY PARTNERS – we have established some expert partnerships who can offer the following: events, lighting, permits, and construction that will provide you with free or discounted elements to create your parklet.
- PRIZES – deck out your parklet for a chance to win up to $1,000 to continue improving your outdoor space!
- Best Spot to Work ($300)
- Best Spot to Chill ($300)
- Best Theme ($300)
- Best Service Experience ($300)
- Best Overall ($1,000)
If you need help, just ask! We are willing to physically help you set up a parklet and beyond to make this happen. We may even have some extra supplies to share 🙂
What participants will expect:
- QR SIGN – we will provide a sign for your parklet that participants will scan to vote on their favorite parklet and win prizes!
- #ParkSLOCounty – expect participants to seek photographic areas to use this hashtag for a chance at additional prizes.
If you want to get fancy…
- SPECIAL DISCOUNTS – if your parklet is open to the public, consider creating a special offer for those in our audience who walk/bike to your parklet and we will help get the word out!
- SHARE IT – use the hashtag #ParkSLOCounty to promote Pavement to Parks to your followers.