THANK YOU SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY!
Save the Date for Bike to Work Day 2020: Friday, May 15th
Thanks to everyone who joined us in 2019 for the biggest celebration of biking in San Luis Obispo County! Whether you biked to work, hosted one of 16 stations countywide, led a group ride, or pledged support, we couldn’t do it without the support of local employers, partners, and community advocates like you. It was so epic, KSBY-TV showed up!
Bike to Work Day Commuter Challenge Results
Check out our Facebook Live wrap up from Atascadero’s first-ever Bike Fest event, where we wrapped up Bike to Work Day and announced our Bike to Work Day TITLE CHAMPIONS:
- County Planning & Building DEFENDED TITLE
- SRAM DEFENDED TITLE
- Atascadero State Hospital STOLE TITLE from French Hospital
- Team Transportation Jedi STOLE TITLE from Get Outside Assessors
- Xenia B. from Raytheon STOLE TITLE from “the HULK”
Also, congrats to Ryan at Wild Fields Brewing who won our Bike to Work Day folding electric bike sweepstakes!
Stay tuned to iRideshare.org for the Summer Clean Air Challenge to win a bike for your workplace team!
Your Pictures from Bike to Work Day Stations Around SLO County
Scientific Drilling, Paso Robles:
Atascadero State Hospital w/ K-MAN:
Sunken Gardens Bike Fest:
Morro Bay City Hall:
Los Osos Library:
SLO City Hall:
Ten Over Studio:
SLO Natural Foods Co-Op:
Costco Wholesale w/ Kick-it Points:
Garing, Taylor & Associates w/ Trinity Cyclery:
South County Social Services:
Show Your Support for Bike to Work Day
Make a $10 pledge of support and get a 2019 Bike to Work Day t-shirt that lets people know you support smart commuting efforts.
Did you know that the entire month of May is also Bike Month?
In addition to Bike to Work Day, there are lots more ways to celebrate Bike Month in SLO County this year:
- Visit SLOShift.org – the new home for Bike Month in San Luis Obispo County! It’s a place where people who ride bikes can find year-round bicycle inspired events—and even submit their own! SLO Shift is run entirely by the community, for the community, with the purpose of elevating and expanding bike culture in our region. Every month is Bike Month at sloshift.org!
- Apply for sponsorship funds from Rideshare to host your own Bike Month event.
Last year, we introduced you to sloshift.org, the new home for Bike Month in San Luis Obispo County! It’s a place where people who ride bikes can find a year-round bicycle inspired events — and submit their own! SLO Shift is run entirely by the community, for the community, with the purpose of elevating and expanding bicycle culture in our region. Every month is Bike Month at sloshift.org!
This May, Rideshare will continue to focus on its core mission to reduce the number of single occupant vehicles on our roadways during peak commute hours through Bike to Work and Bike to School Day activities. We will also continue to financially support Bike Month events that promote bike culture in our region outside of peak commute hours, through sponsorship funding applications available at sloshift.org.