Rideshare works hand-in-hand with seniors throughout the county, providing tools and education on how to use pubic transportation and community transportation services. Through our Know How to Go! program, we provide transportation information, transit field trips and personalized trip planning. Not sure which type of service is right for you? Take a look at our Find My Ride card to see where you fit in!
Footloose and fancy free! Take the bus.
Did you know that if you are over the age of 80 you can ride any bus in the county for free? And, if you are over 65 you qualify for a discount? Do you want to take the bus but don’t know how? Let us help you learn how to take the bus! Call us today to schedule a bus training for you and your friends. (805) 781-1385 or click here for more information on bus service in your area.
Up & at ’em! Take a specialized shuttle.
When the bus won’t get you where you need to go, or you need a little extra assistance, take a look at your Senior Shuttle options. Advance reservations are recommended. Rideshare provides free personalized trip planning information, call (805) 781-1385 or contact the following operators in your area:
Ride On Transportation – (805) 541-8747
North County Senior Shuttle:
- Reservations Required. (San Miguel, Creston, Shandon. Paso Robles, Atascadero, Templeton, Santa Margarita, SLO)
- Monday & Wednesday, 9am-5pm
South County Senior Shuttle:
- Reservations Required. (Nipomo, Oceano, AG, Avila, Grover, Pismo, Shell Beach, SLO)
- Tuesday & Thursday, 9am-5pm
San Luis Obispo Senior Shuttle:
- Reservations Required.
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday, 9am-5pm
North Coast Senior Shuttle:
- Reservations Required. (Cambria, Cayucos, Morro Bay, Los Osos, SLO)
- Monday & Wednesday, 9am-4pm
Cambria Community Bus – (805) 927-4173
- Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm
Cayucos Senior Van – (805) 995-3543
- Tuesday (call for reservation and other days), 8am-4pm
Dial-A-Ride service is also provided within each city. There is no age requirement. Seniors take advantage of the services as a way to take a trip the store, visit friends or get to the doctor. Advance reservations are recommended.
- Atascadero Dial-A-Ride: 466-7433
- Cambria Anonymous Neighbors: 927-5673
- Morro Bay Call-A-Ride: 772-2744
- Nipomo Dial-A-Ride: 929-2881
- Paso Robles Dial-A-Ride: 239-8747
- Shandon/Paso Dail-A-Ride: 226-4242
- Templeton Dial-A-Ride: 226-4242
Wilshire Good Neighbor Program
A new volunteer program in SLO County matches volunteer drivers with seniors and disabled community members in need of transportation to appointments. Passengers can be anyone 18+ who is disabled or a senior. The only requirement is that passengers be able to transfer in and out of their own wheelchairs independently, if applicable. Rides may be scheduled through Wilshire Community Services by calling(805) 547-7025.
If none of these options seem like the right fit for you, you may qualify for ADA/paratransit service. If you believe you qualify for ADA/Paratransit visit our Paratransit page for more information.
Additional Trip Planning Tools